What makes your life interesting, unique? What do you notice?

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Learning the Language of the Web

Maybe I'm at level 2. I know I'm not at level 1.
I liken the experience of learning web tools to learning a new language.
For me, I need to do things over and over again.
I know after this class, I will revisit the manual, the tools.

I am grateful for having been introduced to so much I didn't know, or
had taken the time to explore.

There is so much to experience, take in, in a short time.
I've been in a kind of cognitive overload, that's how it is.
Can't put more water into a sponge that's full unless you wring out the sponge...
or let the liquid do what it wants to do.

I'm noticing how I can understand things better than I did before when someone mentions or talks about web tools.  I don't feel so "foreign".  Maybe I'm in the dangerous area!  Knowing a little about a lot!
Ahhhh, that's how life, and language, are sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. And in addition the technology we learn in this class can help us become "more interesting" teachers. Now we just have to put it to a good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, so right.
    Just this week, I had an in-service about Webpress.com. Liked exploring it as an alternate blog. We're encouraged to use it as a teaching tool.

    ReplyDelete