What makes your life interesting, unique? What do you notice?

Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Noticing

One week after one of the --- really --- toughest mental exercises I've ever had,
I'm feeling pretty good --- I made it through.

I've noticed that I must keep my eye on the goal, not get down if I can help it.
If I do, see it, feel it, remember I'm not perfect...there will be disappointments.
I am human.
I am human.
I am a darned fine human who gives a lot.

After the conference Saturday night, where I noticed teachers were enormously appreciated there,
how, unfortunately, they are not so much in everyday life.  It's a paradox --- we love good teachers, they make a huge difference in our lives, yet we do not show them a great deal of respect and honor in this country, unlike Asian countries. 

Reality:
When we have much in front of us and available, like free education, we often take it for granted,
complain, and sometimes show gratitude.

Teaching is a calling, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment