What makes your life interesting, unique? What do you notice?

Monday, May 31, 2010

Noticing Today

While I have time to study and do many things I need to do today, I see my step-son on FOX News in an interview about his Marine who died the other day, number 1000.  I am so proud of him.
I lit candles, red candles, today....they burn in my mind every day for all those serving our country.
I really believe there is a lot of misunderstanding about our mission there....and lack of support from so many. It is a very difficult situation to get one's head around.

Not only that, I downloaded Arizona Senate Bill 1070 to read for myself.  I do not want to be ignorant of something that so many people THINK they know about, but, I believe, don't.  I want to know for myself.
Unbelievable what Calderon was lecturing the US on in the US Senate, while his own country, MEXICO,
has the laws IT has for illegal immigrants.  And to have Democrats applaud, made me almost ill. Truly.

Another thing I noticed last night and today, is that, after allowing myself to sign up for Facebook, I now can imagine thousands of profit-hungry companies checking out my profile to see what they can sell me. Maybe I was sold on their bill-of-goods.  Reading the TIME magazine article last night affirmed my thinking about what they are after.  I'm a marketer, did it for a living. I know how people get other people to buy.
Who does Zuckerberg think he is?? Geez.  I can't imagine that world. I'm considering getting out before too long, though I read they don't make it easy.  How about that!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. These issues are much larger than our own lives, and I appreciate you sharing more global issues. It is very helpful to put things into perspective. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time when you are thinking about your stepson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want to say what a good post this is. It really is insightful and well thought-out. From computers to rest to immigration and U.S.-led wars, it shows how a blog can really be used to connect the dots through thought.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your feedback.
    Everything affects everything.

    See you in class today!

    ReplyDelete